Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by el guapo <on...@gmx.de> on 2009/04/28 22:14:44 UTC

Looking for tutorial / documentation for Log4J 1.1

Hi,

I'm currently fiddling with a project where the logging is configured in
a property file with "categories". As far as I know, a Category is Log4J
1.1-Speak, and so I'm looking for documentation or an old tutorial about
Log4J 1.1.

The reason behind this is that a third party framework was introduced to
this project some time ago which currently starts throwing exceptions.
The framework maintainers advised us to configure logging properly and
gave us an example for their framwork in Log4J 1.2-speak. So far I have
been unsuccessfull in backporting the "new" configuration to fit in the
old logging system and its configuration, most probably because I miss
the log4j.rootlogger property in the old-style configuration.

Greetings

Mike

Re: Looking for tutorial / documentation for Log4J 1.1

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
You should be able to replace all instances of "logger" with "category" and all
instances of "level" with "priority" for the old stuff.  That said, I never used
Log4j prior to 1.2.

Jake