Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Jong Wook Kim <jo...@nyu.edu> on 2015/10/22 23:05:11 UTC

Spark YARN Shuffle service wire compatibility

Hi, I’d like to know if there is a guarantee that Spark YARN shuffle service has wire compatibility between 1.x versions.

I could run Spark 1.5 job with YARN nodemanagers having shuffle service 1.4, but it might’ve been just a coincidence.

Now we’re upgrading CDH to 5.3 to 5.4, whose NodeManager already have shuffle service of 1.3 in its classpath, and concerned that it might not be always compatible with 1.5 jobs expecting shuffle service.

Jong Wook