Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Amit Kirdatt <Am...@Ingenix.com> on 2003/07/14 22:55:31 UTC

Indexed form values

I have a struts form where I am doing the following:

<logic:present name="form1" property="arrayList1" scope="request">
  <logic:iterate id="arrayValue1" name="form1" property="arrayList1">
indexed="true"/>
indexed="true"/>
  </logic:iterate>
</logic:present>

<logic:present name="form1" property="arrayList2" scope="request">
  <logic:iterate id="arrayValue2" name="form1" property="arrayList2">
indexed="true"/>
property="exampleBean1.exampleInfo.exId1" indexed="true"/>
  </logic:iterate>
</logic:present>

I have to "carry" these hidden values thru 3 pages before inserting into the
database, the first page is where these values get set. On the second page
the values populate correctly, but on the second page the second "iterate"
loop does not populate at all. After investigating I found that arrayList is
not populating (size 0) from the second page to the third page, but the
first "iterarte" loop works just fine thru all pages and inserts into the DB
correctly. I have tried searching on the web and haven't found any answers.
Can somebody please help!

Thanks,
Amit

recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.

Re: Indexed form values

Posted by Sandeep Takhar <sa...@yahoo.com>.
session scoped beans or request?

If request - then there have been numerous replies
about this FAQ which is that you have to initialize
all values less than or equal to the index that are
null.

i.e. getObject(int index)

sandeep