Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/23 15:13:01 UTC

Fwd: Re: regarding Credit Memos

-------- Forwarded Message --------

  Hi

I've just tried with 13.07 and you are right, the Credit Memo
functionality creates the accounting transactions (if the invoice was
still in process at the time) but does not appear as a line item on the
invoice so will not affect the invoice total itself.

Possible workarounds that I can quickly think of could be:

  * Enter an Invoice Item Line Adjustment (for the Credit Memo) as a
    negative amount on the invoice

Or:

  * Create an outgoing payment for the Credit Memo amount to the Customer
  * Apply the payment to the Customer's Invoice (or even to any of the
    Customer's outstanding debt with you)

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Sharan