Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Brad Smith <bg...@bendcable.com> on 2006/12/18 17:24:50 UTC

t:document tags and xhtml

I have seen recommendations on the myfaces wiki that performance of JSF
can be improved if <t:document> tags are used.  Will these tags produce
valid and well formed xhtml?  Or can they be configured to do so?

The documentation seems sparse.

Thanks,

Brad

Re: t:document tags and xhtml

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Brad,

in there is a tr:document in trinidad
it uses facets (like metaContainer) for adding custom / third party js
(like dojo)

-Matthias

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/adffaces/trinidad-api/tagdoc/tr_document.html

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: t:document tags and xhtml

Posted by Brad Smith <bg...@bendcable.com>.
Good morning Mario -

I tried to create an issue, but Jira is not working correctly as it
throws a javascript error in firefox.

'id' is not a required attribute of body, but it can be very handy at
times for use with css styles.  So it would be nice that when it is in
the <t:documentbody> tag it is based along unchanged into the <body> tag
in the html document.

thank you

Brad

Re: t:document tags and xhtml

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Brad!
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Yep, these attributes are missing, as far as a know.

Re: t:document tags and xhtml

Posted by Brad Smith <bg...@bendcable.com>.
Hi Mario

Re: t:document tags and xhtml

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Brad!
> I have seen recommendations on the myfaces wiki that performance of JSF
> can be improved if <t:document> tags are used.  Will these tags produce
> valid and well formed xhtml?  Or can they be configured to do so?

They are just replacements for html's html, head, body.
So if a page wasn't well formed without using them, they wont be afterwards.

In fact, what happen will be is (if you use these tags in conjunction
with StreamingAddResource) that the <script> tags will be rendered
within the bode instead of the head, though, this shouldn't be bad.