Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nasseam Elkarra <na...@bodukai.com> on 2009/03/24 19:35:22 UTC

Solr index deletion

On a few occasions, our development server crashed and in the process
solr deleted the index folder. We are suspecting another app on the
server caused an OutOfMemoryException on Tomcat causing all apps
including solr to crash.

So my question is why is solr deleting the index? We are not doing any
updates to the index only reading from it so any insight would be
appreciated.

Thank you,
Nasseam

Re: Solr index deletion

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hm, you are not saying much about what you've tried.  Could it be your Solr home is wrong and not even pointing to the index you just checked?

Otis

Posted by Nasseam Elkarra <na...@bodukai.com>.

Re: Solr index deletion

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.