Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Siegfried Heintze <si...@heintze.com> on 2005/11/03 23:43:29 UTC

How to autogenerate POM dependencies based on Eclipse Dependencies?

Is there a way to synchronize the jar dependencies in Eclipse with the
dependencies in the POM? I think this was a feature of the MevanIDE but I
could not figure out how to make that feature work and it does not support
M2 anyway.

Is there a M2 pluggin to do this?

Assuming such a plugging does not exist: how would I write a maven pluggin
to read the eclipse dependencies and update the POM accordingly? My guess is
that there is some XML file that eclipse uses to store the dependencies that
I could read. Anyone know what it is called? Someone else in a previous post
already pointed out how to read the POM dependencies. I hope there is an
easy way to write POM dependencies too....

And, I suppose it would be nice to go the other way too: given a project
that compiles and runs with M2 it would be nice to auto generate the eclipse
dependencies.

I hear a rumor that someone is working on the MevanIDE for M2. I wonder if
they are working on this very feature?

Thanks,
siegfried