Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Brian Ivey <cb...@comcast.net> on 2004/03/18 17:57:39 UTC

Question on log4j.debug output

Hey,

I am attempting to debug my log4j.properties file.  Could someone please
tell me what the false value in the line below means?

log4j: setFile called: Output.xml, false

Thanks,
Brian Ivey

Re: Question on log4j.debug output

Posted by Paul Smith <pa...@lawlex.com.au>.
On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 03:57, Brian Ivey wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I am attempting to debug my log4j.properties file.  Could someone please
> tell me what the false value in the line below means?
>
> log4j: setFile called: Output.xml, false

"False" is the value of the Append property of the file appender.  In
the above output, it means the the Output.xml file will be overwritten
rather than appended to.

See the FileAppender.setFile(String, boolean, boolean, int) method.

cheers,

Paul Smith