Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Helenek, Kris " <he...@studentsonly.com> on 2005/12/20 20:28:14 UTC

how to find dependencies programatically from within Mojo

Hi,

I'm currently writing a plugin to replace the WsCompile ant task that
comes with the JWSDP.

To do this i hunted down the class that gets called when you run
wscompile from the command line, and make

an array of String objects and pass them into the main() method.

Everything was going great until it complains about not finding classes
on the classpath.  The WsCompile class takes a

parameter for classpath, so i had to pass it in manually.  I did that by
concatenating the relevant artifacts from the

project.getArtifacts() map and adding the result as an argument.

The problem is that I also need to pass in the artifacts that are the
dependencies of the *plugin*, as described in the plugin's pom.xml.

I cannot seem to find any reference to these artifacts anywhere.  Is
there any possible way for me to get these at

runtime? There doesn't seem to be anything in the project object that
points to them.  Perhaps another object that I

can bind to a property of the Mojo?  I also cannot find any javadocs so
i've been working alot with trial and error and reflection logging.

Thanks for any help.

_kris h

Re: how to find dependencies programatically from within Mojo

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Hi Christopher,

Take a look in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPH-4 and add your vote. :)

-allan

Posted by Christopher Cobb <ch...@wfinet.com>.
Where can I get a list of all variables that can be used in the expression
string?  If this is not documented anywhere, can someone tell me what source
file/module to look in?

>I'm currently writing a plugin to replace the WsCompile ant task that
>comes with the JWSDP.
>

>To do this i hunted down the class that gets called when you run
>wscompile from the command line, and make
>
>an array of String objects and pass them into the main() method.
>

>Everything was going great until it complains about not finding classes
>on the classpath.  The WsCompile class takes a
>
>parameter for classpath, so i had to pass it in manually.  I did that by
>concatenating the relevant artifacts from the
>
>project.getArtifacts() map and adding the result as an argument.
>

>The problem is that I also need to pass in the artifacts that are the
>dependencies of the *plugin*, as described in the plugin's pom.xml.
>

>I cannot seem to find any reference to these artifacts anywhere.  Is
>there any possible way for me to get these at
>
>runtime? There doesn't seem to be anything in the project object that
>points to them.  Perhaps another object that I
>
>can bind to a property of the Mojo?  I also cannot find any javadocs so
>i've been working alot with trial and error and reflection logging.
>

>Thanks for any help.
>

>_kris h

Attention:

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.