Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jean Louis Girard <lo...@bcaresearch.com> on 2001/05/25 16:33:19 UTC

Similiar to getting the wrong url!

On our site we have a page that does a search into a postgress database and
then displays the results. When the site was running on redhat 6.2 it would
occasionaly (1 out of 10) display false results. Since we have moved the
site to a redhat 7.0 with the same perl and mod-perl as redhat 6.2  the
search missed 50% of the time.

any ideas?

Re: Similiar to getting the wrong url!

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Fri, 25 May 2001, Jean Louis Girard wrote:

> On our site we have a page that does a search into a postgress database and
> then displays the results. When the site was running on redhat 6.2 it would
> occasionaly (1 out of 10) display false results. Since we have moved the
> site to a redhat 7.0 with the same perl and mod-perl as redhat 6.2  the
> search missed 50% of the time.
>
> any ideas?

httpd -X and code isolation/small test reproducing technique first.
print()/warn() and debugger next (still running under -X).

There is a reason for me sending you to read about Apache::Registry
problem. It's just an example of what can go wrong with your code. read
the registry explanation, understand why you have to switch to -X, then do
that and you will find your problem.

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/