Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2008/12/18 21:12:51 UTC

Re: XMPP with Openfire - Error trying to connect to remote server: servicemix-user

It looks like you use your user as server hostname :)
Check you configuration or send your xbean.xml

Regards

On Thursday 18 December 2008 - 11:22, jwy923 wrote:

> I am running Openfire (Jabber Server) locally.
> I created  servicemix-user/servicemix-pwd account in Openfire.
> And using Pidgin I try to connect to Openfire.
>
> According to Openfire admin web page, the user is authenticated.
> However, in my pidgin, it is "Not Authorized" (Note that it is not
> Authenticated)
>
> Here is the Openfire log. I don't understand why....
> Please help me...
>
> John
>

> 2008.12.18 13:33:56
> [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)
> ] Error trying to connect to remote server: servicemix-user(DNS lookup:
> servicemix-user:5269)
> java.net.UnknownHostException: servicemix-user
> 	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
> 	at
> org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:253)
> 	at
> org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:144)
> 	at
> org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPacket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:239)
> 	at
> org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:216)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

Jean-Baptiste Onofré (Nanthrax)
BuildProcess/AutoDeploy Project Leader
http://buildprocess.sourceforge.net
jb@nanthrax.net