Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/29 11:04:33 UTC

Master branch is broken due to #15914

Hello,
I have to revert this patch
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/15914 because now many tests
fail

This is the revert PR
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/17889

I think that we should be able (committers, or at least PMC members)
to push changes without passing for CI. Otherwise it may be sometimes
impossible to fix or revert.

Please anyone approve and merge the PR

Best regards
Enrico

Re: Master branch is broken due to #15914

Posted by Lari Hotari <La...@hotari.net>.
> I think that we should be able (committers, or at least PMC members)
> to push changes without passing for CI. Otherwise it may be sometimes
> impossible to fix or revert.

I guess that in this case, we don't need to by-pass CI.
If we ever have to do that, it is possible by first editing .asf.yaml
and removing "required_status_checks" for the master branch.
After that change is merged, it's possible to merge without running CI.
If CI is completely unavailable or broken, ASF INFRA jira ticket can
be used for asking an admin to disable required status checks manually
for the apache/pulsar repository.

-Lari