Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Grant Peters <gr...@hotmail.com> on 2001/03/07 01:59:01 UTC

config

when I set up James, I could not log on using my telnet client with
root[enter][enter]
then, I edited the config file and tried again with a password, and still
failed, any ideas?

please help

Re: config

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 04:59  6/3/01 -0800, Grant Peters wrote:
>when I set up James, I could not log on using my telnet client with
>root[enter][enter]
>then, I edited the config file and tried again with a password, and still
>failed, any ideas?

Which version of james ar eyou running?
What do the logs say?
If you set password to "secret" and type root[enter]secret[enter] does it
work?

Cheers,

Pete