Posted to users@camel.apache.org by terminator_007 <an...@intuit.com> on 2009/10/06 20:44:02 UTC

Route messages to an non CXF service

Hi,
I am a newbie here. From the camel documentation it looks like the CXF
component can be used to used to route messages to a webservice only if the
web service is build using CXF.

My web service consumers could be build using any technology like
CXF/axis/.net and would be all receiving soap messages. Is there a standard
way of routing to any web service irrespective of what framework has been
used to build that web service.

I read somewhere that HTTP component can be used to route soap messages to a
web service.Can somebody suggest a sample xml configuration. Is there any
other way of doing this.

Re: Route messages to an non CXF service

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi,

I can give you an example for a really easy route:

from("jetty:http://localhost:8080/myService").to("http://otherserver/realservice");

This will offer a service endpoint that can be called on
http://localhost:8080/myService. It will forward the request to
http://otherserver/realservice and route the reply back.

So in this easy case you would not use the CXF component. You would use
CXF if you were interested to call the webservice from java or to
implement the webservice in java. CXF handles the serialization and
deserialization. It does not really matter what technology your target
service is implemented in. You could for example have a service on
http://otherserver/realservice that is implemented using Axis. Still you
could use the CXF component to call it.

Greetings

Christian