Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr> on 2003/12/17 06:04:27 UTC

[FYI] JAXP 1.3 Public Draft

You can download all the useful documentation of JAXP 1.3 public draft from
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=206 .

Now QName finds where it should belong to, i.e., JAXP API. In addition,
javax.xml.datatype package is added, and hence we can make use of more
specific types for a time span and date/time datatypes in W3C XML Schema.
As I proposed at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-commons-
dev&m=106438540515957&w=2 before, we won't need to make our own QName code
when xml-commons start to provide JAXP 1.3 API set.

Thanks,

Ias

Lee, Changshin (Korean name)
Ias (International name)
               Company Web Site: http://www.tmax.co.kr
               Personal Web Site: http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr
R&D Institute
Tmax Soft, Inc.

Re: [FYI] JAXP 1.3 Public Draft

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@ispsoft.de>.
Ias wrote:

> You can download all the useful documentation of JAXP 1.3 public draft from
> http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=206 .
>
> Now QName finds where it should belong to, i.e., JAXP API. In addition,
> javax.xml.datatype package is added, and hence we can make use of more
> specific types for a time span and date/time datatypes in W3C XML Schema.
> As I proposed at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-commons-
> dev&m=106438540515957&w=2 before, we won't need to make our own QName code
> when xml-commons start to provide JAXP 1.3 API set.

Sounds all very good, but I see some time going, before we can depend
on JAXP 1.3. Even worse, it will most probably complicate things as long
as we can realistically expect a mixed environment. I remember very well
the bad times when Xerces was added to JAXP. :-)

Jochen

Re: [FYI] JAXP 1.3 Public Draft

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@ispsoft.de>.