Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by oron ogdan <or...@netada.co.uk> on 2003/09/01 02:03:12 UTC

Intake - non required field with mask ?

Hi Turbine Users /  Developers

What's the best way to deal with a non required field that needs a mask,
Example - additional user email , I would like it to be optional in the user
details data
but if something is put there, I want to verify vis-a-vis email regexp

I tried required = false
and minLength = 0

but that's not it, Any suggestions ?

Oron

http://netada.co.uk

RE: Intake - non required field with mask ?

Posted by oron ogdan <or...@netada.co.uk>.
Yes my bad
by RegExp was forcing some input

Thx for the sample

Oron
>What's the best way to deal with a non required field that needs a mask,
>Example - additional user email , I would like it to be optional in the
user
>details data
>but if something is put there, I want to verify vis-a-vis email regexp
>
>I tried required = false
>and minLength = 0
>
>but that's not it, Any suggestions ?

Doesn't this work:
  <field name="Email" key="email" type="String">
    <rule name="required" value="false">Please enter an email
address.</rule>
    <rule name="mask"
value="^([\w\-]+\.)*[\w\-]+@([\w\-]+\.)+([\w\-]{2,3})$">Please enter a
valid email address.</rule>
    <rule name="maxLength" value="64">Please enter a maximum of 64
characters.</rule>
  </field>

It does for me.

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Re: Intake - non required field with mask ?

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.