Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Manisha Sur <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/14 06:57:50 UTC

CI with Maven 1.1 b2 builder

Hi,

I have few queries regarding the CI with luntbuild and Maven 1.1.b2 :

1) As was mentioned earlier by Vincent in my previous mail, the CI Tool,
luntbuild, doesn't allow to keep the jboss container in running state with
the mavel goal, cargo:startAndWait.So Is there any way such that luntbuild
can start the container, deploy the ear. After deployment we can access the
site.
2) Is it possible that the luntbuild and the jboss app server are in two
different machines and we can acheive the same as in 1.
3) I can see that with cargo:startAndWait, luntbuild deploys the ear in the
standalone configuration's tmp folder. Can't it deploy to the
<jboss-home-dir>/server/default/deploy folder. In the later case we can keep
the jboss container started and after luntbuild deploys in the default
configuration, we can access the site.
4) If luntbuild doesn't allow cargo:startAndWait goal to keep the server in
running mode, can we use the cargo:start goal instead.
5) Does Maven 1.1 b2 or Maven 2 support existing configuration?
6) Does Maven 2 help answer the above mentioned queries ?

--
Warm Regards
Manisha Sur

RE: CI with Maven 1.1 b2 builder

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Manisha,

It seems you're mixing Maven, Cargo and Luntbuild. I've already answered
lots of questions from you on the cargo lists but you seem to have some
issue understanding how each interacts with the other. For example questions
1), 2), 3), 4), 5) and 6) do not mean anything.

Luntbuild doesn't do anything in your issue. Nor does Maven. It's only
Cargo.

These are cargo questions and should be best posted on the cargo mailing
list I believe.

Thanks
-Vincent