Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Tvrtko Stosic <tv...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/27 10:35:51 UTC

Encoding problem

I work with JetSpeed 1.5 and have a problem with encoding.

I red all posts about that issue, but they didn't help me to solve the problem.

When I set the charset to UTF-8 in media.xreg, special characters
(Central European) are displayed correctly in portlets and in
user name&surname after TOP_USERWELCOMEMSG in top_loggedIn JSP. But they aren't
displayed correctly in other portal messages like TOP_TITLE, for instance.

When I change charset in media.xreg to ISO-8859-1, strange things starts to happen.
Now, special characters are displayed correctly in portal messages like  TOP_TITLE, but not
all of them. Some of them are still displayed wrong. And all special characters in portlets and in user name&surname after TOP_USERWELCOMEMSG in top_loggedIn JSP aren't displayed right (they're all displayed like "?" sign).

If charset is set to windows-1250 special characters are again displayed correctly in portlets and in user name&surname after TOP_USERWELCOMEMSG in top_loggedIn JSP. But they aren't displayed correctly in other portal messages like TOP_TITLE for instance.

It seems to me that setting content.defaultencoding property in JetspeedResource.properties
changes nothing.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?
JetSpeed 1.6 maybe?

Thanks in advance.