Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Martin Ceronio - BIS <ma...@za.sabmiller.com> on 2006/09/26 09:21:02 UTC

How to read comments from cells in a worksheet?

Hi,

I need to be able to read comments from cells in a worksheet. Is there a
way to do this?

Thanks,

Martin

Disclaimer and Confidentiality Note

This e-mail, its attachments, if any, and any rights attaching to it are, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the property of The South African Breweries Limited (�SAB�). It is confidential, private and intended for the addressee only.

If you are not the addressee and receive this e-mail by error, please notify the sender, delete this e-mail immediately and do not disclose or use it in any manner whatsoever. Any views and opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender. SAB accepts no liability for any loss or damages whatsoever, and howsoever incurred or suffered, resulting or arising from the use of this email and/or its attachments.

SAB does not warrant the integrity of this e-mail or that it is free of errors, viruses, interception or interference.

For more information about SAB, visit our website at http://www.sabreweries.co.za

Re: How to read comments from cells in a worksheet?

Posted by Amir Khan <am...@deliveredsolutions.co.uk>.

Having said that, seems you CAN get the comment though indirecttly :-)

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-poi-user/200602.mbox/%3C43EFCDBA.7060109@nuix.com.au%3E

Re: How to read comments from cells in a worksheet?

Posted by Amir Khan <am...@deliveredsolutions.co.uk>.
Martin Ceronio - BIS wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I need to be able to read comments from cells in a worksheet. Is there a
>way to do this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Martin

The smallest unit seems to be a cell and I cant see any getter method
for comments in the cell object, sorry

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/apidocs/org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/HSSFCell.html