Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com> on 2007/03/19 03:46:09 UTC

Build 1.0-RC1-B1

Hi all

As promised, I have made a 'build' of Synapse mostly for QA
purposes/folks - to update the test cases etc and get familiarized with
the new configuration language syntax. Hence I have placed it internally
for Charitha's access today, and will place this publicly on my apache
account if he does not encounter any serious problems with the build by
end of his day.

I faced a few issues after the upgrade to axis2 1.2 snapshot and have
built axis2 locally using maven 2 ignoring unit tests, as the maven 1
build kept failing for me - I am not sure if the m2 build of axis2 is
stable enough to get the correct build out - but this is a test of it too!

Also there seems to be a serious issue with the addressing module and
its validation handler introduced recently - and I have made a post to
Axis2 dev on this - but unfortunately have not got any reply yet. Also I
have made some changes to JMS over the weekend, but am unable to check
in due to the build failing for me..

Will keep everyone updated on what happens next..
asankha

Re: Build 1.0-RC1-B1

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Asankha ;

There was few API changes from 1.1 to 1.2 (specially in Handler API) so
that might be the case.

Thanks
Deepal

> Hi all
>
> As promised, I have made a 'build' of Synapse mostly for QA
> purposes/folks - to update the test cases etc and get familiarized
> with the new configuration language syntax. Hence I have placed it
> internally for Charitha's access today, and will place this publicly
> on my apache account if he does not encounter any serious problems
> with the build by end of his day.
>
> I faced a few issues after the upgrade to axis2 1.2 snapshot and have
> built axis2 locally using maven 2 ignoring unit tests, as the maven 1
> build kept failing for me - I am not sure if the m2 build of axis2 is
> stable enough to get the correct build out - but this is a test of it
> too!
>
> Also there seems to be a serious issue with the addressing module and
> its validation handler introduced recently - and I have made a post to
> Axis2 dev on this - but unfortunately have not got any reply yet. Also
> I have made some changes to JMS over the weekend, but am unable to
> check in due to the build failing for me..
>
> Will keep everyone updated on what happens next..
> asankha

Deepal

Re: Build 1.0-RC1-B1

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Paul

Not yet.. I was out of office today (monday) my day and haven't received
any replies on the axis2-dev for my post from David, Glen or anyone else
who seems to have worked on this.. I would now be forced to hack the
Axis2 code before my next build - as soon as I can get the Axis2 build
to compile and pass the unit tests locally.. As I am not familiar with
the new code they introduced in the last two weeks I will wait till my
day tomorrow before I make a change.. hopefully someone would fix this today

asankha

Re: Build 1.0-RC1-B1

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Asankha

Have you worked around the Addressing problem?

Paul

On 3/19/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> As promised, I have made a 'build' of Synapse mostly for QA
> purposes/folks - to update the test cases etc and get familiarized with
> the new configuration language syntax. Hence I have placed it internally
> for Charitha's access today, and will place this publicly on my apache
> account if he does not encounter any serious problems with the build by
> end of his day.
>
> I faced a few issues after the upgrade to axis2 1.2 snapshot and have
> built axis2 locally using maven 2 ignoring unit tests, as the maven 1
> build kept failing for me - I am not sure if the m2 build of axis2 is
> stable enough to get the correct build out - but this is a test of it too!
>
> Also there seems to be a serious issue with the addressing module and
> its validation handler introduced recently - and I have made a post to
> Axis2 dev on this - but unfortunately have not got any reply yet. Also I
> have made some changes to JMS over the weekend, but am unable to check
> in due to the build failing for me..
>
> Will keep everyone updated on what happens next..
> asankha

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com