Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/25 20:17:26 UTC

Log4j cookbook for request logging

Is it possible to log incoming requests?  I'd love to have the incoming IP
and request string.

What is the exact set of class names for this?

Thanks,

Lance Norskog

Re: Log4j cookbook for request logging

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Is it possible to log incoming requests?  I'd love to have the incoming IP
: and request string.
:
: What is the exact set of class names for this?

Solr tries to remain as agnostic as possible about this sort of thing ...
by which i mean log configuration in general, but also things like HTTP
request logging -- the guts of Solr try to abstract away the HTTP
mechanism as much as possible.

Any servlet container you might be using should most definitely have an
"access log" where you can get this type of information -- how you
configure/control that logging is goingto be specific to your
container.

-Hoss