Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Arash Shams <ar...@hotmail.com> on 2016/02/26 22:38:40 UTC

Failed to add VMware DC to zone due to : This DC is being managed by other CloudStack deployment. Cannot add this DC to zone.

Hello
Im tryin to add VMware hypervisor in Cloudstack 4.8 but i get this error :
Failed to add VMware DC to zone due to : This DC is being managed by other CloudStack deployment. Cannot add this DC to zone.

I searched everywhere in vcenter for cloud.zone custom attribute but there isnt such attribute in global or virtualmachine

what can i do ?

RE: Failed to add VMware DC to zone due to : This DC is being managed by other CloudStack deployment. Cannot add this DC to zone.

Posted by Suresh Sadhu <Su...@citrix.com>.
This is as  your are adding same datacenter  details again  on different ms. On vcenter side you  need to set the datacenter (zone)managed flag to false . once you added  datacenter details in ccp, it is set as true. Due to  that if you  try to add /reuse the same vcenter/datacenter details then it will throw its already managed.

Regards
Sadhu

Is this a new install? Can you provide some more information on what else is deployed?

- Si

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.
Arash,