Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Jeff <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/07 19:31:41 UTC

Performance when resolving artifacts...

I'm running Archiva 1.4-M2.

When I do a build from any of our dev machines or build server, it takes a
long time to pull even just the POM files from Archiva.

Typical times for POM files are:

(826 B at 0.7 KB/sec)
(3 KB at 0.2 KB/sec)
(834 B at 0.6 KB/sec)
(822 B at 0.8 KB/sec)

Is this normal?  I really would have expected much, MUCH faster.  The
server is dedicated to Archiva running on Tomcat so there should not be any
resource problems and it is running CentOs 6.2 w/ 4GB RAM, dual core CPU
and tomcat configured to use 3GB of that.

Could it be searching all repositories in my group, including all proxies
regardless of the artifact?

Is there something to help me tune it better?

Thanks!

--
Jeff Vincent
predatorvi@gmail.com

Re: Performance when resolving artifacts...

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Sometimes one particular remote proxy is slow and can slow everything down. You can try disabling proxies individually and see if it improves performance. If you identify one that is problematic, you can leave it disabled or constrain which artifacts are searched there.

I wouldn't just exclude your artifacts from remote searches - with the exception of repos like central it's better to whitelist which repos are for what (org/jboss/** for jboss, etc.).

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: Performance when resolving artifacts...

Posted by Jeff <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeff <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charles Kim <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.