Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Sachin Mehrotra <sm...@tibco.com> on 2007/08/22 14:56:59 UTC

Release dates for Http Core

Hi,

Can you please tell us the release dates for Http Core, when stable/GA
will build Happen?

Thanks,

Sachin

Re: Release dates for Http Core

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> All I can promise at this point is that we will stop messing around with
> the public APIs within next 2 to 4 months and will start maintaining API
> compatibility between releases. How long it will take for code to
> stabilize and to be reasonably sure HttpCore is ready for a GA release,
> there is no way of telling. My wild guess is not sooner than Q4 2008.

That's my view, too. Let's say one more alpha, two betas and one RC
before final, with releases every three months...

cheers,
  Roland

Re: Release dates for Http Core

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 05:56 -0700, Sachin Mehrotra wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Can you please tell us the release dates for Http Core, when stable/GA
> will build Happen?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Sachin

Sachin,

We cannot give you any definitive dates. That's how open-source works.
It is done when it is done.

All I can promise at this point is that we will stop messing around with
the public APIs within next 2 to 4 months and will start maintaining API
compatibility between releases. How long it will take for code to
stabilize and to be reasonably sure HttpCore is ready for a GA release,
there is no way of telling. My wild guess is not sooner than Q4 2008.

Oleg