Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ingo Ott <ot...@rz.uni-mannheim.de> on 2006/03/16 12:33:23 UTC

First Contact and the first Problem - please help

Hi @all,

i have a major problem using the jsf component <h:selectOneMenu> with
<f:selectItems>. I get the following error message:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Collection referenced by UISelectItems with
binding '#{formParameter.value}' and Component-Path : {Component-Path :
[Class: javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot,ViewId: /task.jsp][Class:
javax.faces.component.html.HtmlForm,Id: taskform][Class:
javax.faces.component.html.HtmlDataTable,Id: _id2][Class:
javax.faces.component.UIColumn,Id: _id7][Class:
javax.faces.component.html.HtmlSelectOneMenu,Id: _id11][Class:
javax.faces.component.UISelectItems,Id: _id12]} does not contain Objects of
type SelectItem

It is the last part of the sentence that lets me get confused: I have
constructed an ArrayList with elements of SelectItem. If i immediately test
if the components in the ArrayList are instanceof SelectItem, i get for all
elements "true". If i use the same ArrayList with the <h:selectOneMenu> and
<f:selectItems> jsf tag i get the error above. I managed to put some
System.outs in the myfaces impl api, so that i get the items to standard out
that cause the Exception above. The interesting thing is, if i call (in the
class SelectItemsIterator) item.getClass().getName() it results in
javax.faces.model.SelectItem on standard out. The class SelectItemsIterator
also tests instanceof with javax.faces.model.SelectItem, but it results in
false, so the Exception is thrown.

Maybe someone can help - we are stuck in development process.

Many thanks, bye,

Ingo

Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Inf. Ingo Ott

University of Mannheim

IT Center | Chair of Information Systems III

L15, 16

D-68131 Mannheim

@Office +49 (0) 621 181 3162

Mobile   +49 (0) 176 241 26216

Fax       +49 (0) 1212 560 183793

Office    6th floor, room 606

Es gibt mehr Menschen, die kapitulieren, als solche, die scheitern. [Ford,
Henry]

Re: First Contact and the first Problem - please help

Posted by Volker Weber <us...@weber-oldenburg.de>.
Hi Ingo,

can you please post the relevant jsf and bean code?

Regards,
  Volker

--
Don't answer to From: address!