Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by su...@tatainfotech.com on 2006/01/18 19:58:23 UTC

Apache Con US 2005 - Myfaces Portlet support

Hi Matthias,

I have the presentation that you have given at the ApacheCon, San diego.
One of my colleague has attended it.

You have mentioned about the built in support for JSR 168 in myfaces and
described a set of steps to convert a myfaces web app into a portlet.

I was trying it out but havent succeeded yet.

You have asked to remove the redirects from faces-config.xml if any.
Does it include navigation rules also? I dont think so.

My portlet.xml looks like this :

<portlet-app id="helloWorld" version="1.0">
  <portlet id="helloWorld">
    <init-param>
      <name>default-view</name>
      <value>/helloWorld.jsp</value>
    </init-param>
    <description>helloWorld</description>
    <portlet-name>helloWorld</portlet-name>
    <display-name>helloWorld</display-name>
    <portlet-class>org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet</portlet-class>
    <portlet-info>
      <title>helloWorld Portlet</title>
      <short-title>helloWorld</short-title>
    </portlet-info>
  </portlet>
</portlet-app>

MyFacesGenericPortlet is in myfaces-impl.jar and its included in
WEB-INF/lib folder.

I tried installing it on jetspeed2 portal server. The portlet was
installed successfully but when I try to add it to a page, I got the
following error message :

ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.factory.JetspeedPortletFactory - Cannot create
Portlet instance org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet

It would be great if you could provide a sample application for this.

I was successful in converting a myfaces web app into a portlet using JSF
bridge though.

It would be of great help if you could explain the steps in detail for in
built support for portlet.

Thanks,
Sunil