Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Alex Turner <ar...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/30 22:02:12 UTC

[net] Problem with FTP library

I am experiencing a very wierd thing.  I am getting a null pointer back when
calling FTPClient.listFiles().

The wierd thing is that I have two versions of this project.  One built with
ant and one built with maven.  The one built with ant works perfectly fine,
but the one built with maven doesn't.  The main difference as far as I can
tell is how the project is packaged.  The ant version is packaged as an uber
jar where all jar files are coallesced into one big jar, and the maven
version has all the jar files seperated and then put into the class path at
runtime.

I have no idea what could be causing this error.  If anyone could help me
understand under what circumstances FTPClient.listFiles() would return a
null pointer, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Alex Turner
Mint Pixels.