Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ZedroS Schwart <ze...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/14 12:21:47 UTC

[users@httpd] [newB] Using the mod_alias module in Windows XP Pro

Hi all

I'm trying, for test purposes, to reproduce the configuration of an apache
httpd server on linux on my windows XP pro computer.

However, I don't manage to use the module mod_alias. When I put in my
httpd.conf the line :
LoadModule alias_module       modules/mod_alias.so
then the service doesn't start anymore.

FYI, I've put the mod_alias.so from my linux server on my windows machine.
Furthermore, I'm using apache httpd 1.3.34.

Could you show me a way to use this module ?

Thanks in advance

ZedroS

Re: [users@httpd] [newB] Using the mod_alias module in Windows XP Pro

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 2/14/06, ZedroS Schwart <ze...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying, for test purposes, to reproduce the configuration of an apache
> httpd server on linux on my windows XP pro computer.
>
> However, I don't manage to use the module mod_alias. When I put in my
> httpd.conf the line :
> LoadModule alias_module       modules/mod_alias.so
> then the service doesn't start anymore.
>
> FYI, I've put the mod_alias.so from my linux server on my windows machine.
> Furthermore, I'm using apache httpd 1.3.34.
>
> Could you show me a way to use this module ?

The modules are part of the binary code of the server and cannot be
transfered between incompatible platforms.

mod_alias is included with every version of apache that I've ever
seen.  So perhaps you should explain where you got apache from.  In
general, using 1.3 on win32 is silly.  You should be using 2.x.

Joshua.