Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2016/06/02 14:58:10 UTC

[allura:tickets] #7858 /categories URLs needs to use unique ids

- **status**: open --> review
- **assigned_to**: Dave Brondsema
- **Comment**:

Fix in branch `db/7858`

To test, go to /categories URL and make sure going to one of the duplicated names keeps you in the correct distinct part of the hierarchy.  Make sure you can still add and remove categories at any level.  Also follow the link in the page to go over to your skills, and make sure you can add at any level there too (the skills page UI is confusing, fixing that is a job for another day)

---

** [tickets:#7858] /categories URLs needs to use unique ids**

**Status:** review
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Fri Mar 20, 2015 05:26 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Tue Jul 21, 2015 04:09 PM UTC
**Owner:** Dave Brondsema

Trove category shortnames are not always unique.  E.g. there is an "education" under "Topic" and also one under "Audience :: by Industry or Sector".  So clicking on one to edit (and also submitting forms to add/edit I think) will pick one arbitrarily.  We should use a unique identifier such as the "trove_cat_id" field.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/