Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Daniel Kutac <ku...@intersystems.cz> on 2002/08/23 09:55:11 UTC

deserializing dates

Hi,

I have a small service returning date string as yyyy-mm-dd, in wsdl declared
as type s:date. In Java client I use GregorianCalendar to deserialize such
date.

Interestingly, I always get month value less by 1 then returned in SOAP
resonse, e.g response contains something like <dob>1965-06-03</dob> , java
client code dob.Get(dob.MONTH) returns 5, year and day of month are correct.

Any idea?

Using Apache SOAP 2.3.1

Thanks

Dan Kutac
Intersystems

Caché, the post-relational database www.intersystems.com/cache

Re: deserializing dates

Posted by Daniel Bruce Lynes <dl...@shaw.ca>.
On Friday 23 August 2002 00:55, Daniel Kutac wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a small service returning date string as yyyy-mm-dd, in wsdl
> declared as type s:date. In Java client I use GregorianCalendar to
> deserialize such date.
>
> Interestingly, I always get month value less by 1 then returned in SOAP
> resonse, e.g response contains something like <dob>1965-06-03</dob> , java
> client code dob.Get(dob.MONTH) returns 5, year and day of month are
> correct.

Month 5 == June

So, the XML response is correct.

Re: deserializing dates

Posted by Daniel Bruce Lynes <dl...@shaw.ca>.

AW: deserializing dates

Posted by Malte Kempff <ke...@medicalcolumbus.de>.
As much I know does Java store the months from 0 to 11 because of the used
array for the month-names. So I would think evereything is allright.
You could veryfy the server-object to look what month number you get there I
think it would be the same.

Malte

AW: deserializing dates