Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2000/12/15 09:39:20 UTC

Re: JSP and Xalan & Xerces

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:13:00 -0500, Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:

> I was talking to someone yesterday that swore up and down that WML was
> straight XML, and that they had been generating WML just fine.  I was under
> the impression before talking to this guy that it was HTML, but
> http://www.wirelessdevnet.com/channels/wap/training/wml.html says it's XML,
> and they even have a DTD.  From what I can tell by reading this stuff, it
> doesn't seem to have any special serialization requirements.
>
> So, if that's the case, your method should definately be XML, and your
> media-type attribute should be "text/vnd.wap.wml" as far as I can tell.

I can confirm that outputting WML has nothing special in it, it's plain XML
which is handled by Xalan just fine. I have been using Cocoon in the past year
to generate WML pages. Internally Cocoon uses plain Xalan to generate WML
pages. There is no need for Xalan to be modified to support WML.

Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com>