Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Knoblauch <kn...@knobisoft.de> on 2017/01/09 14:01:53 UTC

Re: Spurious "Internal Server Errors" accessing "jkmanager" after upgrading Apache, "mod_jk" and OpenSSL

Hi everyone,

 just in case the "final" solution is of interest: the problem was as usual
in the configuration. We did not set the following directive for the LDAP
connection pool:

LDAPConnectionPoolTTL #seconds

If the directive is missing, a value of "-1" is implied, meaning "keep
connections open for ever". The LDAP server on the other side sets an "idle
connection timeout" of 600 seconds. As a result a lookup would fail if it
happened 600+ seconds after the first usage of the connection. 600 seconds
is exactly the lifetime of the LDAP cache. Given the time of the year,
usage of the test/integ/devel environment is minimal and there were no
"new" lookups during the cache lifetime, leading to the repeated failures...

Setting

LDAPConnectionPoolTTL 60

solved the problem for good.

Happy New Year !!!
Martin

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 12:33 AM, Christopher Schultz <
chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

Martin Knoblauch
email: k n o b i AT knobisoft DOT de
www: http://www.knobisoft.de

Re: Spurious "Internal Server Errors" accessing "jkmanager" after upgrading Apache, "mod_jk" and OpenSSL

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.