Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by er...@sybase.com on 2007/07/09 23:31:05 UTC

Installing Apache Axis 1.4 on UNIX.

I have recently written my first web service code on windows using Apache
Axis 1.3.  I am changing to Apache Axis 1.4 since Apache Axis 1.3 does not
seem to be supported any longer (having trouble with Apache Axis 1.3
download from mirror sites).

I would like to install Apache Axis 1.4 on Sun Solaris, HP and AIX.  I
think that Apache Axis 1.3 use to have different binary installs for each
of these UNIX platforms, but I do not see them with Apache Axis 1.4.

To install Apache Axis 1.4 on the Unix platforms, is it necessary to
install the Apache Axis source and go through Java compile build
procedures?  Or can the Apache Axis tar file in axis-bin-1_4.tar.gz  file
simply be untarred on UNIX and the jars used on UNIX,  as it is done on
Windows with the Apache Axis axis-bin-1_4.zip file.

Thank you,
Eric Nilson