Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nitin <ni...@networkprograms.com> on 2003/05/13 13:08:18 UTC

Submit Problem

Hi All,
  IF I press three times submit on a form.It is inserting three records.
Any suggestions so that  only one record will insert.
Thanks
nittin

Re: Submit Problem

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 13.May.2003 -- 12:08 PM, Nitin wrote:
> Hi All,
>   IF I press three times submit on a form.It is inserting three records.
> Any suggestions so that  only one record will insert.
> Thanks
> nittin

Yes : use logic.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

RE: Submit Problem

Posted by Andrew Pym <an...@presenceofit.com.au>.

Client Side

This can be fixed with some javascript.
Change your submit button to a button with a javascript action.
When it clicks have it call a javascript function.
In the called javascript function, disable the submit button then submit
the form.

Server Side

Change your backend code to check for duplicates upon insert.

Best method?
To do both would be preferable.
If I was in your situation.
I would do the Client side fix because that saves some lookup resources
on the server.

Regards

Andrew