Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Shearer <je...@shearer-family.org> on 2010/06/06 20:04:41 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] NameVirtualHost Directive - - - - Multiple SSL virtual hosts

Thanks that's great news.

I am still trying to resolve this error message I am getting.  Eric said I need to be certain that my NameVirtualHost and VirtualHost directives matched literally.  I reread the documentation on http://httpd.apache.org and see what I believe is the same statement said differently.  That the directives must match.  I checked each of the directives on my development server and they match.  Here are the greps:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80>
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80>
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80>
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80>
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80>

I also carefully verified that my /etc/hosts include a fqdn for each of the VirtualHosts served from my development server.  Yet, I get the following error:

[Sun Jun 06 14:02:11 2010] [warn] NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80 has no VirtualHosts

I am going nuts here with this.  What am I missing?

Thanks.

======================
Jeff Shearer, CISA, CISSP

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Jeff Shearer <je...@shearer-family.org> wrote:

> I also carefully verified that my /etc/hosts include a fqdn for each of the VirtualHosts served from my development server.  Yet, I get the following error:
>
> [Sun Jun 06 14:02:11 2010] [warn] NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80 has no VirtualHosts
>
> I am going nuts here with this.  What am I missing?

What you are missing is, amongst others, that the message you get is a
"Warming ("[warn]") not an error. There are two situations which can
trigger this warning:
- A NameVirtualHost without any <VirtualHost> blocks.
- A second NameVirtualHost statement identical to an existing one.

The warning serves the purpose of warning you that you might have
overlooked something, but it is not an error. Having a duplicate
NameVirtualHost statement does not cause any malfunctioning. It's just
a bit untidy.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org

Re: [users@httpd] NameVirtualHost Directive - - - - Multiple SSL virtual hosts

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Jeff Shearer <je...@shearer-family.org> wrote:
> Thanks that's great news.
>
> I am still trying to resolve this error message I am getting.  Eric said I need to be certain that my NameVirtualHost and VirtualHost directives matched literally.  I reread the documentation on http://httpd.apache.org and see what I believe is the same statement said differently.  That the directives must match.  I checked each of the directives on my development server and they match.  Here are the greps:
>
> NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80
> <VirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80>
>
> I also carefully verified that my /etc/hosts include a fqdn for each of the VirtualHosts served from my development server.  Yet, I get the following error:
>
> [Sun Jun 06 14:02:11 2010] [warn] NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80 has no VirtualHosts
>
> I am going nuts here with this.  What am I missing?

This happens when you have more than 1 "NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80".

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] NameVirtualHost Directive - - - - Multiple SSL virtual hosts

Posted by bma srcds <bm...@googlemail.com>.
Each virtual host must have the url that reaches that host within a
ServerName directive as below

NameVirtualHost *:80
 <VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName URL1