Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/23 16:13:58 UTC

jglobus dependency in modules

Hi All,

Any particular reason why we have jglobus dependency [1] in following
modules ?

modules/workflow-model/workflow-model-component
modules/workflow-model/workflow-model-component-node
modules/workflow-model/workflow-model-core
modules/xbaya-gui
modules/apache-airavata-client
modules/apache-airavata-server
modules/test-suite

I am in the process of getting rid of jglobus dependency from above
modules. If you have any concerns please shout.

Thanks
Amila

[1]
<dependency>
  <groupId>cog-jglobus</groupId>
  <artifactId>cog-jglobus</artifactId>
  <version>1.8.0_1</version>
</dependency>

Re: jglobus dependency in modules

Posted by Raminder Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
You should definitely remove from workflow-model*.

xbaya-gui: Workflow interpreter set the GSISecurity context to context header while calling GFAC API. That's where we may be using it. I am sure resolve this dependency using credential store and remove it.
apache-airavata-server: is the distribution project so we need it there.
apache-airavata-client: I am not sure
test-suite: i think you can.

Thanks
Raminder

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
On May 23, 2013, at 10:13 AM, Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Any particular reason why we have jglobus dependency [1] in following
> modules ?
>
> modules/workflow-model/workflow-model-component
> modules/workflow-model/workflow-model-component-node
> modules/workflow-model/workflow-model-core
> modules/xbaya-gui
> modules/apache-airavata-client
> modules/apache-airavata-server
> modules/test-suite

I think all of them can go away, except the assembly plugging requirements for the server.

Suresh