Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Simon Clark <si...@zebraspot.com> on 2008/01/27 22:40:50 UTC

Has anyone got the DomainKeys mailet running?

I'm trying to get the DomainKeys mailet working to improve my
deliverability.

First off, I am getting warnings on compile, but I figured I could
ignore them:

/si/src/org/apache/mailet/domainkeys/DomainKeySigner.java:142:
warning: [unchecked] unchecked call to add(E) as a member of the raw
type java.util.Set
			signableHeaders.add( "date" );
                                            ^

...but when I try to launch James I get:

James Mail Server 2.3.1
Unable to init mailet DomainKeySigner
Check spool manager logs for more details.
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleException:
Component named "spoolmanager" failed to pass through the Starting
stage. (Reason: org.apache.mailet.MailetException: Could not load
mailet (DomainKeySigner);
   nested exception is:
	java.lang.NullPointerException).
	at
org
.apache
.avalon
.phoenix
.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleHelper.fail(LifecycleHelper.java:354)
	at
org
.apache
.avalon
.phoenix
.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleHelper.startup(LifecycleHelper.java:
226)
	at
org
.apache
.avalon
.phoenix
.components
.application.DefaultApplication.startup(DefaultApplication.java:530)
	at
org
.apache
.avalon
.phoenix
.components
.application.DefaultApplication.doRunPhase(DefaultApplication.java:478)
	at
org
.apache
.avalon
.phoenix
.components
.application.DefaultApplication.runPhase(DefaultApplication.java:409)
	at
org
.apache
.avalon
.phoenix
.components
.application.DefaultApplication.start(DefaultApplication.java:180)

At this point, I am not sure what to do next.  Has anyone else managed
to implement it?    It is compiling and loading, but failing in
execution.

Also, is there a guide anywhere to the necessary parameters for
DomainKeys?  I've got the public and private key files figured out,
but am not sure on the settings for the others:
          <mailet match="All" class="DomainKeySigner">
             <privateKeyFile>/si/var/rsa.private</privateKeyFile>
             <domain>villagetoolbox.com</domain>
             <canonicalization>simple</canonicalization>
             <selector></selector>
             <hashType></hashType>
          </mailet>

Simon