Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Ja...@sa.ucsb.edu on 2020/01/29 18:34:00 UTC

log4net 1.2.11 binaries not available from archive.

Hi,

I have an older project that needs to be maintained, and it unfortunately
uses log4net 1.2.11 with the old key.

I've looked here to try and find an official binary of that version, but it
doesn't exist: http://archive.apache.org/dist/logging/log4net/binaries/

I've checked the links listed on the old version of the site, here:
https://logging.apache.org/log4net/log4net-1.2.11/download.html and those
links don't work either. I tried multiple mirrors, and the file is not
found on each.

I checked SourceForge, and it does not contain the version.

I've tried the official Nuget
<https://www.nuget.org/packages/log4net>repository,
but that also does not have v1.2.11, neither the old key or new key.

I tried looking at the FAQ section
<http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/faq.html#nuget>, looked
into Jiří Činčura's blog where he says he published a package for 1.2.11,
and his blog links back to the official Nuget repo, which does not have a
v.1.2.11.

Where would I find a safe, trustworthy binary for log4net 1.2.11? If I
downgrade to 1.2.10, would I be missing out on bug fixes? I assume moving
to 2.x contains breaking changes, so it doesn't look like an option.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason La
Software Developer