Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2015/03/17 18:44:00 UTC

[Anounce] Apache Flex BlazeDS 4.7.0 released

The Apache Flex team is pleased to annonce the release of Apache Flex BlazeDS 4.7.0.

Apache Flex BlazeDS is the server-based Java remoting and web messaging
technology that enables developers to easily connect to back-end distributed
data and push data in real-time to Adobe(r) Flex(r) and Adobe AIR(tm) applications
for more responsive rich Internet application (RIA) experiences..

Apache Flex BlazeDS 4.7 is the initial release of BlazeDS from the Apache
Software Foundation.  Prior to this, releases were provided by Adobe
Systems Inc. It is compatible with most code written to target Adobe Flex 4.6.

The source packages can be downloaded from http://www.us.apache.org/dist/flex/BlazeDS/4.7.0/
or one of Apache's mirror sites. Maven artifacts have been published to Apaches Maven Repository
(https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/flex/blazeds/) and are
available from Maven Central.

For detailed information about Apache Flex please visit
http://flex.apache.org/

Re: [Anounce] Apache Flex BlazeDS 4.7.0 released

Posted by Eric <eh...@gmail.com>.
I was under the impression GraniteDS is still active (last I checked it
*looked* fine). But I see the dead links too and the top of the main
page isn't loading. Hopefully just a temporary issue. Looking around now
it does look pretty inactive, which is a shame because the site looks
very modern compared to years ago, and they say they support JavaFX now
too. I hope we don't lose the option of choosing between DS libraries.
Unrelated, but I had no idea they had a NY location!

-Eric

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Just do a search at maven central and you'll find what you are looking for:
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cblazeds
There you will see all sorts of javadoc downloads:
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/apache/flex/blazeds/flex-messaging-remoting/4.7.0/flex-messaging-remoting-4.7.0-javadoc.jar

Chris

Posted by Adam Malejko <ad...@malejko.com>.
Thanks, Alex.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Adam Malejko <ad...@malejko.com>.

Posted by Petr Nemecek <pn...@cmail.cz>.
Hello,

I have a questions to the BlazeDS binaries.

As I use Tomcat 8, should I use flex-messaging-opt-tomcat7-4.7.0.jar, or a
new jar compiled for Tomcat 8 is needed?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
See https://forums.adobe.com/thread/877305

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Petr,

Happy to say that they are already out there. As BlazeDS was released using Maven, they are located in Maven-Central.

Here come the links:
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/apache/flex/blazeds/flex-messaging-remoting/4.7.0/flex-messaging-remoting-4.7.0.jar
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/apache/flex/blazeds/flex-messaging-proxy/4.7.0/flex-messaging-proxy-4.7.0.jar
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/apache/flex/blazeds/flex-messaging-core/4.7.0/flex-messaging-core-4.7.0.jar