Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com> on 2021/06/29 22:51:45 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Backporting to support branches

Hi Naba, is it still the case that only you will merge the PRs to support/1.14?  Or can committers merge their own 1.14 PRs anytime after you have approved the PR?

I sometimes forget to create my PRs in Draft mode, and may still be running additional tests, so I'd prefer not to have anyone but me merging my PR.

On 3/19/21, 10:47 AM, "Nabarun Nag" <nn...@vmware.com> wrote:

    Just a small change, a PR against the support branch is enough. (No need to add reviewers etc.). I just realized we can filter on a branch in the PR list.

    Regards,
    Nabarun
Posted by Nabarun Nag <nn...@vmware.com>.
This was done to reduce the workload on the developers.
It's a kind of "fire and forget" methodology.
Why make the author come back and merge the PR after my(release manager's) approval when I can do it myself.

But yeah, blocking the PR, till the release manager approves it makes sense.

Regards
Nabarun

Posted by Jacob Barrett <ja...@vmware.com>.