Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org> on 2005/09/03 03:16:19 UTC

1.0.1 GA Release

I have gone through JIRA, assigning the fix version 1.0.1 to issues
which I deem necessary for 1.0.1.  I have also postponed several (most
of which are 1.1 bugs) until 1.1 by assigning their fix version to 1.1.
  If you would like to see any other issues in 1.0.1 please make sure to
voice your opinion either here or on jira.

As always, patches are appreciated.

Also, what are everybody's thoughts about 1.0.1?  When should we target
a release?  When we finished rc4 we stated that we'd begin the process
near Sept 1 - which we've now hit.  I'm all for doing it as soon as the
two open issues are addressed.

David

Re: 1.0.1 GA Release

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> David H. DeWolf wrote:
>
>>I have gone through JIRA, assigning the fix version 1.0.1 to issues
>>which I deem necessary for 1.0.1.  I have also postponed several (most
>>of which are 1.1 bugs) until 1.1 by assigning their fix version to 1.1.
>>  If you would like to see any other issues in 1.0.1 please make sure to
>>voice your opinion either here or on jira.
>>
>>As always, patches are appreciated.
>>
>>Also, what are everybody's thoughts about 1.0.1?  When should we target
>>a release?  When we finished rc4 we stated that we'd begin the process
>>near Sept 1 - which we've now hit.  I'm all for doing it as soon as the
>>two open issues are addressed.
>>

> I can't help atm, but I think we should release as soon as possible. If
> noone provides patches for the open bugs, then these bugs can't be too
> serious to block a release imho.

I'm with you there.  Let's target the 17th and say that if it's not in
by then then it'll have to wait.  The only reason I'm saying the 17th
(two weeks) is because I don't personally have the time for it until
then.  if someone else would like to take it up earlier, than I'm all
for it.

Re: 1.0.1 GA Release

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: 1.0.1 GA Release

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@apache.org>.
+1 for a GA on the 17th

Stefan

CDoremus@hannaford.com wrote:

> David,
> Sept 17 sounds good to me.
> /Craig
>

> *"David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>*
>
> 09/03/2005 11:19 AM
> Please respond to
> pluto-dev@portals.apache.org

> 	pluto-dev@portals.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> 	Re: 1.0.1 GA Release
>

> Absolutely.  I figure we probably need longer than that to get ready
> anyways.  Should we aim for the 17th?
>
> CDoremus@hannaford.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi David,
> >
> > I have a fix for Pluto-92 that I am currently testing. I am planning to
> > check it into SVN by Tuesday, so please hold off until then.
> >
> > TIA
> > /Craig
> >

> > *"David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>*
> >
> > 09/02/2005 09:16 PM
> > Please respond to
> > pluto-dev@portals.apache.org

> >                  Pluto Developer List <pl...@jakarta.apache.org>
> > cc
> >
> > Subject
> >                  1.0.1 GA Release
> >

> > I have gone through JIRA, assigning the fix version 1.0.1 to issues
> > which I deem necessary for 1.0.1.  I have also postponed several (most
> > of which are 1.1 bugs) until 1.1 by assigning their fix version to 1.1.
> >  If you would like to see any other issues in 1.0.1 please make sure to
> > voice your opinion either here or on jira.
> >
> > As always, patches are appreciated.
> >
> > Also, what are everybody's thoughts about 1.0.1?  When should we target
> > a release?  When we finished rc4 we stated that we'd begin the process
> > near Sept 1 - which we've now hit.  I'm all for doing it as soon as the
> > two open issues are addressed.
> >
> > David

Re: 1.0.1 GA Release

Posted by CD...@hannaford.com.

Re: 1.0.1 GA Release

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
Absolutely.  I figure we probably need longer than that to get ready
anyways.  Should we aim for the 17th?

CDoremus@hannaford.com wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I have a fix for Pluto-92 that I am currently testing. I am planning to
> check it into SVN by Tuesday, so please hold off until then.
>
> TIA
> /Craig
>

> *"David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>*
>
> 09/02/2005 09:16 PM
> Please respond to
> pluto-dev@portals.apache.org

> 	Pluto Developer List <pl...@jakarta.apache.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
> 	1.0.1 GA Release
>

> I have gone through JIRA, assigning the fix version 1.0.1 to issues
> which I deem necessary for 1.0.1.  I have also postponed several (most
> of which are 1.1 bugs) until 1.1 by assigning their fix version to 1.1.
>  If you would like to see any other issues in 1.0.1 please make sure to
> voice your opinion either here or on jira.
>
> As always, patches are appreciated.
>
> Also, what are everybody's thoughts about 1.0.1?  When should we target
> a release?  When we finished rc4 we stated that we'd begin the process
> near Sept 1 - which we've now hit.  I'm all for doing it as soon as the
> two open issues are addressed.
>
> David

Re: 1.0.1 GA Release

Posted by CD...@hannaford.com.