Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by sh...@lwsi.com on 2006/02/07 22:26:13 UTC

Turbine Scheduler Service

Hi all,

        I'm attempting to schedule a job using the scheduler service.
Problem is I keep getting null pointers due to the module.packages
directive in TurbineResources.properties.

My directive is as follows:

module.packages=org.apache.jetspeed.modules
module.packages=com.lwsi.util,org.apache.turbine.modules

The classname is UpdateScheduler, so naturally UpdateScheduler.class is
residing in WEB-INF/classes/com/lwsi/util/

Can someone point me in the right direction to make sure that the class
path is set properly?

______________________
Shawn Haworth
LWSI/WebDev Programmer

Re: Turbine Scheduler Service

Posted by sh...@lwsi.com.
Thanks for the help.  Although I did not get Turbine Scheduler working
properly, I was able to setup a Listener class which instantiated a Quartz
job implementation. No biggie, just an extra 400kb jar in my project.

______________________
Shawn Haworth
LWSI/WebDev Programmer

"Jeffery Painter" <pa...@kiasoft.com>
02/07/2006 07:37 PM
Please respond to
"Turbine Users List" <tu...@jakarta.apache.org>

"Turbine Users List" <tu...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Turbine Scheduler Service

I assume you have uncommented the TurbineSchedulerService in your
TurbineResource.properties file

You have scheduler.enabled=true

I organize my scheduled jobs like the following

package com.myapp.modules.scheduledjobs;
public class EmailNotice extends ScheduledJob
{}

then you have the entry in your database for running the job
mysql> select * from TURBINE_SCHEDULED_JOB;
+--------+--------+--------+------+----------+--------------+----------------------+---------------------+----------+
| JOB_ID | SECOND | MINUTE | HOUR | WEEK_DAY | DAY_OF_MONTH | TASK
        | EMAIL               | PROPERTY |
+--------+--------+--------+------+----------+--------------+----------------------+---------------------+----------+
|      1 |      0 |     18 |   -1 |       -1 |           -1 | EmailNotice
| painter@kiasoft.com | NULL     |
+--------+--------+--------+------+----------+--------------+----------------------+---------------------+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

thus, your task is just the class name, if you stored the object in the
proper package format.

Hopefully, this helps :) I haven't looked at quartz, but that is also an
option and others may be able to tell you how it is better than the
default TurbineScheduler.

--
Jeffery Painter

Posted by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.