Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Iris Soto <ms...@agssa.net> on 2007/01/25 17:00:47 UTC

Problems with fop-0.20.5 and batik-all-1.6.

Hello,
I am using jfreechart-0.9.20 to generate svg graphics this require
batik-all1.6 to work.  I'm also using fop-0.20.5 with batik-all-1.6 but
when I render to pdf document the image doesn't appear.
In the mailing list I read that fop-0.20.5 is not compatible with
batik-all-1.6, that is necessary to use the fop's batik version, so when
I try to drop dependency from my pom.xml the batik-all-1.6 the
jfreechart's class dont work.
The image that obtain of jfreechart is serialized to xml with 'svg2xml',
later on I insert this xml with a instream-object, but the PDF file
generated don't show the svg inserted¡. How could I mix all this
versions? what repository you recommend me to obtain this jars?
There are many jars into repository but don't exist documents that
explains the compabilities between those.
Someone can help me?
Thanks in advance.

--
Iris Soto

Re: Problems with fop-0.20.5 and batik-all-1.6.

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Iris Soto wrote:

> Hello,
> I am using jfreechart-0.9.20 to generate svg graphics this require
> batik-all1.6 to work.  I'm also using fop-0.20.5 with batik-all-1.6 but
> when I render to pdf document the image doesn't appear.
> In the mailing list I read that fop-0.20.5 is not compatible with
> batik-all-1.6, that is necessary to use the fop's batik version, so when
> I try to drop dependency from my pom.xml the batik-all-1.6 the
> jfreechart's class dont work.

Fop v0.20.5 is v.old now. The recommended course of action is to upgrade
to v0.93 which ships with batik-all-16.jar.

> The image that obtain of jfreechart is serialized to xml with 'svg2xml',
> later on I insert this xml with a instream-object, but the PDF file
> generated don't show the svg inserted¡. How could I mix all this
> versions? what repository you recommend me to obtain this jars?

Don't try to mix versions it won't work./ If you need batik 1.6 for
jfreechart to work then use Fop v0.93. It implements much more of the
spec than 0.20.5.

<snip/>

Chris

Re: Problems with fop-0.20.5 and batik-all-1.6.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
FWIW, the new Cocoon block with support for FOP 0.93 has already been
written during the last Cocoon GetTogether in Amsterdam. The only thing
left is to have FOP 0.93 and XML Graphics Common 1.1 in the Maven repo.
But someone from the Cocoon community is already working on it.

On 29.01.2007 18:34:35 Iris Soto wrote:
> Iris Soto escribió:
> > Hello,
> > I am using jfreechart-0.9.20 to generate svg graphics this require
> > batik-all1.6 to work.  I'm also using fop-0.20.5 with batik-all-1.6
> > but when I render to pdf document the image doesn't appear.
> > In the mailing list I read that fop-0.20.5 is not compatible with
> > batik-all-1.6, that is necessary to use the fop's batik version, so
> > when I try to drop dependency from my pom.xml the batik-all-1.6 the
> > jfreechart's class dont work.
> > The image that obtain of jfreechart is serialized to xml with
> > 'svg2xml', later on I insert this xml with a instream-object, but the
> > PDF file generated don't show the svg inserted¡. How could I mix all
> > this versions? what repository you recommend me to obtain this jars?
> > There are many jars into repository but don't exist documents that
> > explains the compabilities between those.
> > Someone can help me?
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> I'm working with Cocoon framework, the jars that I was using were
> batik-all1.6 with fop-0.20.5 from  maven's repository. The problem is
> that they aren't compatible. I change this jars for the cocoon's jars
> (same versions). So, this is working very good for me.
> I try switching to FOP 0.93 but I got a hassle with the serializer that
> cocoon have because fop-0.93 doesn't include the class MessageHandler
> that cocoon's serializer needs.
>
> Thanks you very much Andrea and Chris for  your help.
> :)
>

> --
> Iris Soto

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Problems with fop-0.20.5 and batik-all-1.6.

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Jan 29, 2007, at 18:34, Iris Soto wrote:

> <snip />
> I try switching to FOP 0.93 but I got a hassle with the serializer
> that cocoon have because fop-0.93 doesn't include the class
> MessageHandler that cocoon's serializer needs.

Ah, yes, that's still on the todo-list.

FWIW: I've already been thinking of this myself the past weeks, and
since it didn't look too complex, I've already taken a few steps
locally in resurrecting the 0.20.5 MessageHandler and MessageListener.

Still wondering what to do with all the trace- and debug-messages,
but once I get that sorted out, it shouldn't be too long before this
becomes available in the trunk.

Something to look forward to ;)

Cheers,

Andreas

Re: Problems with fop-0.20.5 and batik-all-1.6.

Posted by Iris Soto <ms...@agssa.net>.

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Jan 25, 2007, at 17:00, Iris Soto wrote:

Hi,

> I am using jfreechart-0.9.20 to generate svg graphics this require
> batik-all1.6 to work.  I'm also using fop-0.20.5 with batik-all-1.6
> but when I render to pdf document the image doesn't appear.
> In the mailing list I read that fop-0.20.5 is not compatible with
> batik-all-1.6, that is necessary to use the fop's batik version, so
> when I try to drop dependency from my pom.xml the batik-all-1.6 the
> jfreechart's class dont work.

If at all possible, I'd recommend switching to FOP 0.93.
This should resolve your hassle, as it is compatible with Batik 1.6.

Cheers,

Andreas