Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <rh...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/21 16:35:56 UTC

Order -> Invoice basics

Hi,

While ofbiz is overkill for my initial purposes, I want to learn it;)

I will be manually entering an Order (one per day) that will represent a
summary of sales from our external POS.  Part of the information we need to
track is the amount of credit card and cash receipts we got for the day of
sales.  All I need to do is reconcile these numbers with our bank account.

Given that I create a sales order for the day with the POS as a "Customer",
would I create an invoice to represent the payments collected with
cash/credit cards as part of the invoice?

Thanks for your thoughts on this.  I am researching which books to buy.
Phillip

Re: Order -> Invoice basics

Posted by Paul Piper <pp...@ilscipio.com>.
I am not sure I fully understand, but in general you require a set of
information - the invoices are then generated for you automatically. I would
suggest to look into the demo data that is available (search for OrderHeader
in *data.xml files) and try to follow the datasets there. There is already a
great example given for what is required at minimum to store a product, an
order, person/party and payment data :)