Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/28 19:26:04 UTC

Tabs not welcome here?

I notice that quite a few source files have mixed tabs and spaces.

Since tab stops are not standardised, it's generally a bad idea to use
them for indentation.

Any objections if I replace the ones that have crept in?

It looks like the convention is 2 spaces for indents.

Re: Tabs not welcome here?

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 1:26 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I notice that quite a few source files have mixed tabs and spaces.
>
> Since tab stops are not standardised, it's generally a bad idea to use
> them for indentation.

Agreed.

> Any objections if I replace the ones that have crept in?

Please do.

> It looks like the convention is 2 spaces for indents.

Seems to be a Ruby-language wide convention.  Every style guide I can
find suggests it.

- Sam Ruby