Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by İlim Uğur <il...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/25 20:00:04 UTC

Updates on MESOS-418

Hey,

As we get closer to the mid-term evaluations of Google Summer of Code, I am
closer to adding authentication to Mesos.

I have started coding the Authenticator interfaces for a client and a
server. The code is on github(https://github.com/ilimugur/sasltrial). I am
trying to get it working with the sample client and server code I have
included in the repository. I know the code is pretty primitive at this
stage, currently not functional, either. Still, I am do my best to get it
working asap.

Once I know the Authenticator classes are at least functionally sufficient
to utilize, I will implement the authentication functionality inside Mesos
code.

If all goes well, with a bit of luck, I will have implemented Anonymous
authentication before the deadline for mid-term evaluations(August 2).

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, both regarding the code
present in the repo, or regarding the project in general.

Lastly, I know I should be adding content for the wiki page of the project.
However, due to the deadline of mid-term evaluations, I'm afraid I will
have to work on the code as much as I can to get to a decent checkpoint.
Still, once the mid-term evaluations are over, I will make sure to update
the wiki accordingly.

- İlim