Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Timothy Vogel <TV...@msn.com> on 2020/08/16 22:44:31 UTC

Unable to refresh SNAPSHOT bundle

I am unable to get any of my bundles to refresh even though they are -SNAPSHOT bundles.
My workaround is to uninstall the current bundle, increment the version (4.3.10-SNAPSHOT -> 4.3.11-SNAPSHOT), build using maven and then install the incremented version.  This is very unproductive!

Karaf version 4.2.9

A sample command to install the bundle:
bundle:install -f -s mvn:com.asdf/com.asdf.server.entity/4.3.12-SNAPSHOT

My repository path in etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg is :
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories= \
    file:///root/.m2/repository@id=DevRepo@snapshots,\<file:///root/.m2/repository@id=DevRepo@snapshots,/>
    https://repo1.maven.org/maven2@id=central, \
    https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group@id=apache@snapshots@noreleases, \
    https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/ops4j-snapshots@id=ops4j.sonatype.snapshots.deploy@snapshots@noreleases

I have executed bundle:watch -i 100 *.

The timestamp on bundles in DevRepo are updated when I build.

I have also tried stopping the bundle and using the command:  update -r XXX.

Any help in troubleshooting this issue?

Thanks,
Timothy

Re: Unable to refresh SNAPSHOT bundle

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Does bundle:update work ?

If the local repository is not the default one of the user running Karaf, you have to define it (localRepository property) in etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg.

Bundle:watch command can also list the URL pattern consider (the pattern is based on the bundle location that you can see with bundle:list -a -l).

Regards
JB