Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by UBIK LOAD PACK <ub...@ubik-ingenierie.com> on 2015/10/27 23:50:32 UTC

Donation of a New Dashboard for JMeter : Questions and more

Hello,
We plan to donate a new feature that allows to generate an HTML report
containing:
- Javascript Graphs (Response time, Error code, Percentiles
- Tables of results
- ...

You can see a demo of what is generated at:
- http://ubikloadpack.com/donations/dashboard/

Code is here:
-
https://github.com/ubikloadpack/jmeter/tree/UBIKLOADPACK_REPORT_DASHBOARD_DONATION

Concerned folders:
- bin/report-template
- xdocs/usermanual/generating-dashboard.xml
- src/core/org/apache/jmeter/report
- src/core/org/apache/jmeter/JMeter.java

We are in the process of finalizing documentation for it.

We have the following questions:
0/ Would this donation be of interest for Apache JMeter ?

1/ We created a new usermanual page, we think its best place in index is
between Remote Testing and Real-time Result, it will be called Dashboard
Report. Doing so mean incrementing section number  of following pages, is
this ok ?
http://ubikloadpack.com/donations/dashboard/docs/usermanual/generating-dashboard.html

2/ We have created a Developer Oriented documentation that explains the
architecture of the components. We think in the future and if the donation
is accepted, this documentation could be also useful to jmeter users who
want to customize graphs, dashboard, add new graphs .... So we think its
format should be XML and it should be included in documentation , but where
?

3/ From our understanding , IP Clearance would have to be done in case this
donation is accepted by the project, in this case we would required some
help on the process as we're newbies in it, we suppose this would have to
be filled in:
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html

- The donation will be composed of :
* Nearly 95 Java classes
* 4 HTML templates
* 2 Javascript templates
* 1 CSS
* Dependencies on:
1) Freemarker (Apache2)
2) jodd-props (Simplified BSD)
3) JAVAX.JSON (COMMON DEVELOPMENT AND DISTRIBUTION LICENSE (CDDL)Version
1.1)
4) Start Bootstrap (http://startbootstrap.com) , Apache2
5) Jquery (MIT)
6) Flot (MIT)