Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Peter Schuck <pe...@nasa.gov> on 2011/11/04 15:06:32 UTC

updating a remote copy of SVN

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to ssh tunnel or somehow update a
remote copy of my subversion tree. I've checked the FAQ and I know that
you can just start up an remote shell on the machine, but the problem I
have is a bit more complex

I have three machines:

A - which maintains the a remote subversion tree
B - A cluster where I would like to do some development but cannot see A
C - A machine which can see both A & B

How can I use C to update the subversion archive on B from A?

Make sense?
Possible?

Firewalls stink!

Thanks,

-- Pete

--
Pete Schuck
peter.schuck@nasa.gov

Work: (301) 286-3008
Cell: (240) 393-9607
 fax: (301) 286-5348

Nullius in verba

For the materialist, science is what teaches us what to believe. For
the empiricist, science is more nearly what teaches us how to give up
our beliefs.  ---  Bas van Fraassen

Because the truth is important --- Jordan Schuck (Age 7)

Re: UNS: updating a remote copy of SVN

Posted by Andreas Krey <a....@gmx.de>.
On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 10:06:32 +0000, Peter Schuck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to ssh tunnel or somehow update a
> remote copy of my subversion tree. I've checked the FAQ and I know that
> you can just start up an remote shell on the machine, but the problem I
> have is a bit more complex
>
> I have three machines:
>
> A - which maintains the a remote subversion tree

(I assume that to mean 'the svn server'.)

> B - A cluster where I would like to do some development but cannot see A
> C - A machine which can see both A & B
>
> How can I use C to update the subversion archive on B from A?

Depends on how you access svn. Assuming http:// and that you can
use that from C.

On C:

C > ssh B -R 8080:A:80
B > svn checkout http://localhost:8080/path/to/repo wcname

> Firewalls stink!

The real stink is that you may break some company policy using this method
(though improbable).

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."