Posted to users@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2020/03/31 14:42:56 UTC

Changes in Icon library - Support for FontAwesome

Hi all,

I added support for FontAwesome in the Icon library.
I refactored a bit to make interfaces more usable and allow other icon sets
to come later.

Main changes are:

* Removed "material" from IIcon interface in Core.

** IMPORTANT: FontIcon and ToggleFontIcon are now deprecated (so please
remove it for one of the following, since I'll be removing it in the next
few days)*

* *MaterialIcon* and *MaterialToggleIcon* are now the classes to use if you
want to use material icons

*(So to update your code just replace in all your app FontIcon for
MaterialIcon and remove material=true in each instance, since is no more
needed)*

* *FontAwesome* and *FontAwesomeToggleIcon* are the classes to use if you
want to use fontawesome icons
* As *MaterialIconTypes*, there's a *FontAwesomeIconTypes* that list all
the icons in FA (I still need to check differences between version 4 and 5
and maybe some update to names or urls will be needed to reflect that in
the next days).
* The url of the icons is now in the base class so if you are using
MaterialIcon will do the "inject_html" for the material icon font, the same
for FontAwesomeIcon.
* So ***IconTypes, does not have anymore the URL of the icon font (In this
way you don't need to use the constants class if you don't want and prefer
to type the string of the icon yourself without code hint in your IDE and
want to save some bytes).

I still need to add some special properties of FontAwesome offers like
border, rotation and size...so consider all of this just the "preparation"
for the full support, but want to inform now about all of it.

HTH

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Changes in Icon library - Support for FontAwesome

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Maria Jose,

can you please do a Pull Request about this tiny issue?
I think is a good opportunity to try it and experience it before a bigger
issue.

Let me know what you think. If you don't have time I could do it instead

thanks

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Maria Jose,

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.